(With effect from 23rd January 2013)
- 1 The Site and Services
- 1.1 MediCounsel.com aims to make this site and MediCounsel.com services available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but reserves the right to suspend access to this site and any or all of those services at any time, without notice, for maintenance purposes, or if MediCounsel.com suspects that there has been any breach of security, a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any unlawful use of this site or those services. MediCounsel.com may, at its discretion, restrict the use of this site and any or all of the MediCounsel.com services, or limit their availability.
- 1.2 Access to and use of some MediCounsel.com services will be conditional on you meeting certain criteria, such as your qualifications and length of qualification. MediCounsel.com reserves the right, at its discretion, to introduce new criteria and to change any criteria from time to time. Doctors who have been removed from the Medical Council of India register may be denied access to this site and any of the MediCounsel.com services.
- 1.3 MediCounsel.com also reserves the right to introduce charges, terms and conditions relating to the payment of those charges, and to review and amend charges for access to this Site and the MediCounsel.com services. You will be given at least 30 days' notice of any new payment terms and conditions or any new or increased charges, and the opportunity to cancel your membership before those charges or terms come into effect.
- 1.4 MediCounsel.com reserves the right to remove the contents of your e-mail account if you have not used the e-mail facility for 90 consecutive days or more. You are advised to make a copy of any e-mail that you have sent or received and that you wish to keep.
- 1.5 MediCounsel.com reserves the right to remove material without notice from this site and from any forum, and MediCounsel.com does not undertake to keep or make available any material that you have posted or anyone else has posted to this site or to any forum for any length of time, and you are advised to make a copy of any message or material that you wish to keep.
- 2 Bulletin Service
- 2.1 As a condition for receiving the MediCounsel.com services, you agree to receive and acknowledge a regular Bulletin, (the Bulletin) distributed by e-mail. The Bulletin will contain information carefully targeted at doctors' interests or specialties.
- 2.2 The Bulletin may contain the following types of information:
- a) Clinical and management alerts.
- b) Information and updates about MediCounsel.com services.
- c) Information (including promotional information) and updates from organisations such as professional colleges, the Medical Council of India, other government bodies, medical trusts, medical schools, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, financial services companies and medical indemnity organisations.
- 3 Your Obligations
You will, when accessing or using this site or any MediCounsel.com service:
- 3.1 Act in a professional and ethical manner;
- 3.2 Not send unsolicited e-mail, or send or post any message which is disruptive or which generates complaints;
- 3.3 Not post same or similar messages to large numbers of newsgroups (e.g. excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, commonly known as "USENET spam");
- 3.4 Not flame, hack or obtain unauthorized access to any data or system;
- 3.5 Not post any message whose subject or content is unrelated to the subject matter of the newsgroup to which it is posted;
- 3.6 Not post chain letters of any type, or post files to newsgroups not specifically named for that purpose;
- 3.7 Not obtain any information or material for any commercial purpose or post information or material for the benefit of any commercial venture; this includes advertising or attempting to sell items for personal gain;
- 3.8 Not obtain e-mail addresses or any other information for marketing purposes;
- 3.9 Not be involved in any criminal or unlawful activity, or post any information or material which might be legally actionable;
- 3.10 Not harass any person. Harassment in this instance includes you being intimidating, threatening, abusive, hostile or otherwise offensive towards another person.
- 3.11 Not cancel or supersede any message or posting other than your own (unless authorised by MediCounsel.com to do so);,
- 3.12 Not introduce into this site or any MediCounsel.com service, any virus, logic bomb, harmful code, Trojan horse or anything else that might corrupt, damage or render inaccessible any software, data or system;
- 3.13 At your own expense (subject to any special arrangements for you negotiated by MediCounsel.com with any service provider) obtain, install, and maintain suitable equipment and software and Internet access or connection services to access this site and the MediCounsel.com services;
- 3.14 Comply with all your obligations to third parties such as internet service and software providers;
- 3.15 Not seek redress from MediCounsel.com if you suffer loss or damage, or if you are harmed, defamed or offended by material, information, products or services which you accessed or obtained through or which were posted on this site or any MediCounsel.com service;
- 3.16 Not post or send any libellous, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, menacing, offensive, pornographic, or indecent material to this site or via any MediCounsel.com service. (Any comments posted that imply that another member is suffering from mental illness are considered to contravene these terms and conditions);
- 3.17 Obtain all necessary permissions if you use this site or any MediCounsel.com service to receive, upload, download, display, transmit, distribute, perform or execute materials, programs or other works protected by intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or confidence;
- 3.18 Obtain patient consent before posting any material on this site that includes identifiable or potentially identifiable case material;
- 3.19 Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and conventions, including those related to privacy, personal data, international communications, or the export of technical data;
- 3.20 Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and conventions, including those related to privacy, personal data, international communications, or the export of technical data;
- 3.21 Not attempt to interfere with this site or any MediCounsel.com service or any other service. (This includes, but is not limited to, "denial of service" attacks, "flooding" sites, deliberate attempts to overload any site and attempts to "crash" any website host.); and
- 3.22 Not use any program, script or command which interferes with any person's use of any site or service, or which results in any unfair advantage or disadvantage for anyone in relation to their receipt of rewards or competition prizes.
- 3.23 When participating in market research, provide accurate information to the best of your knowledge.
- 3.24 MediCounsel.com reserves the right to delete, archive, and make unavailable, modify or comment on any forum posting or thread within a forum, and to close individual forum without notice.
- 4 Your Personal Data and Other Information
- 4.2 MediCounsel.com may (but is not obliged to) monitor and record your use of this site and the MediCounsel.com services.
- 4.3 No information which is posted to this site or sent via any MediCounsel.com service will be treated as confidential. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not include e-mails, which are treated as confidential.
- 4.4 MediCounsel.com may block, delete or remove from this site and from any MediCounsel.com service any information or other material that you have posted, sent or received at any time and without giving notice.
- 4.5 MediCounsel.com has no obligation to monitor or moderate any forum, newsgroup, e-mail or message, and usually does not do so. If you have any complaint about any posting or e-mail or message made or sent by a third party, you should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- 5 Intellectual Property Rights
- 5.1 This site, its contents and information, and the MediCounsel.com services and their content and information are protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights. You authorise MediCounsel.com to act on your behalf if your intellectual property rights in any material you post to this site or in any message that you send via an MediCounsel.com service is infringed by any third party.
- 5.2 You assign to MediCounsel.com the copyright in all material that you post to this site. You waive all moral rights in connection with that material and those messages, and you authorise MediCounsel.com to act on your behalf in any action they may decide to take if any intellectual property rights in any material you post to this site or in any message that you send via an MediCounsel.com service are infringed by any third party.
- 5.3 Subject to any conditions specific to any service, you may read, print and download parts of the material and information on this site or through any MediCounsel.com service for your private, non-commercial use or use in the ordinary course of the your profession, but you may not make any profit from the use of that material or information nor republish, disseminate or transmit any of it, or exploit it for any commercial purpose, or make any derivative work, or copy it for any other purpose without first obtaining MediCounsel.com 's written permission, or that of the rights owner.
To seek permission please contact email@example.com
- 5.4 You must not post to this website, or send, using any MediCounsel.com service any data, software, or other work or material that infringes the intellectual property rights of MediCounsel.com or any third party.
- 6 Cookies
- 7 Minors
- 8 Advertising
We use third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this site. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is industry standard technology used by most major websites. No personally identifiable information is collected or used in this process. They do not know the name, phone number, address, email address, or any personally identifying information about the user.
- 9 Public Information
All the information shared by you would be shared with the world. Most of the information you provide us is information you are asking us to make public. This includes not only the messages you blog but also the lists you create, the blogs you follow and many other bits of information that result from your use of the Services. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide public for as long as you do not delete it from MediCounsel.com but we generally give you settings to make the information more private if you want. Your public information is broadly and instantly disseminated. For instance, your public user profile information and public blogs may be searchable by search engines and are immediately delivered via SMS and our APIs to a wide range of users and services, when you share information or content like photos, videos, and links via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
If any defamatory content is posted by you, we would not be held liable for the same and we will cooperate with the concerned authority to follow the rule of land.
- 10 General
- 10.2 You may not assign or transfer your membership to, or share or sublicense the advantages of membership of MediCounsel.com with, any other person.
- 10.3 MediCounsel.com may assign or sub-contract its rights or obligations (or both) to any third party.